Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Response to Eli's Blog

          I thought that Eli wrote an excellent media critique that you can read yourself by clicking here. The critique opened with an interesting example that everyone would agree is not newsworthy. The story mentioned in the critique was laughable, and i think that nearly everyone would agree with her points about why it wasn't newsorthy. Eli explained why this story violated the yardsticks and elements of journalism, but she also went into depth about other times that the same news outlet had failed to produce good journalism. She talked about past patterns and she gave examples. Her reasoning was well explained. One thing that I found particularly interesting was the fact that after she had critiqued the media, she gave suggestions for how they could fix their weaknesses. For example, she suggested that the journalist review the article several times and that the specific, unnewsworthy, story be removed entirely from the front page to make from for more important information. This is something that I think I will try to incorporate more into my own entries.

No comments:

Post a Comment