The post went on to criticize the news outlet for releasing continuations to the already unimportant story. I agree that this is something outrageous that is quite often seen. I've definitely seen examples of a news outlet posting multiple follow ups on things that never mattered in the first place. Any companies or journalists guilty of this should try to stop and report on things that actually matter such as the presidential race that we have seen so little of.
Tuesday, October 27, 2015
Response to Mattie's Blog "datsomattie"
Mattie wrote a media critique on her blog datsomattie. This post stuck out to me in particular because she said some things that I found to be very relatable. Along with telling about the disproportional amount of crime stories, she mentioned that if she wasn't in a journalism class, she likely would have considered it all to be news. Before taking a journalism class, I would have, to an extent, assumed that if something was in the news, it must be newsworthy. Her post made me realize that this class has given me the important resources to differentiate between things that are important, and things that are simply interesting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment